Friday, August 04, 2006

Spirit Catches You + Barracuda

Currently Reading: The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman

Yesterday I started reading The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down, which was assigned to all incoming M1 students at UIC College of Medicine. It's a story of cultural differences between a Hmong family and their epileptic daughter and American doctors. I'm only about six chapters into the book and already I am hooked. I've been waiting to read a book as gripping and real as this. I'll keep you updated on how it goes as I get further into the book.

Just ate at Barricuda Sushi restaurant in Burlingame, California for lunch today with Michael. Had the lunch special, from which you can pick two menu items from a list including chicken teriyaki, calamari teriyaki, spicy tuna roll, shrimp and vegetable tempura, chicken kama-age, and much more. The two main choices along with rice, salad, and miso soup cost only $8.95. Not bad, huh?

No comments: